Software Developer, Java (full-time or part-time)
Do you want to gain experience in various aspects of software development with extensive and versatile software? Valuatum is looking for a software developer in its technical team who especially masters Java-language and is eager to take on new challenges.
The small size of our technical team guarantees you the opportunity to perform a wide variety of technical tasks according to your own specific skills and wishes. Most of your work is related to the further development of the Java-based credit risk and equity research platform. However, we do not expect you to have financial expertise, just good programming skills are enough to succeed in this position.
The person we’re looking for
• Masters Java programming and the basics of web software development
• Has a relevant study background or has learned things in practice
• Is able to work independently
• Is able to communicate in English
We look to your advantage
• Expertise in the following areas: Spring, Docker, Kubernetes
• Database expertise (MySQL)
• Experience the Amazon Web Services cloud service or similar environment
• Knowledge of other programming languages (eg,. C #, Python, bash, VBA)
• Experience in machine learning and the development of supervised models
• Previous work experience in equivalent area
• Working hours can be adjusted very flexibly according to your needs and wishes.
• Start of the work as desired by the applicant.
• The salary is agreed according to your skills and experience.
• Our office is located in Helsinki, in the vicinity of Herttoniemi metro station (about 10 minutes by metro from the city center and Kamppi).
• Remote work is possible.
Note. After you submit your application, you will automatically receive additional instructions via email, but the message may sometimes go to your spam folder. If you don’t get the message, check your spam folder and contact us if necessary. For more information on general recruitment issues, contact:
CEO Esa Mäkeläinen, tel. +358 44 342 0250.
Please indicate in your application the weekly workload you are able to execute, the start date and your salary wishes. The actual search is open until March 31, 2022. However, we will begin the recruitment process as soon as suitable people apply, so please apply as soon as possible if you are interested.